Before I started my day today, I went to the gym..Omni that is! That dwelling is my new paradise! Anyhow, my best friend and I decided to try Yoga for the first time. You know, we’ve all heard EVERYONE talking about how incredible it is, well now I get it. It is peaceful, insightful, and get this…it really works your entire body. It combines stretching, body weight, and meditation all into one. I left feeling refreshed and inspired to start my Fresh, New Day! I mean, Yoga is originally a traditional mind/body practice that started in India so it has to be amazing (oh, how I love India and its traditions). Here are some of the classic poses that are incorporated into yoga! WARNING: They Look Pretty Advanced, but we all have to start somwhere 🙂
Also, as you know I’ve been Beast Moding my life in all aspects. I’ve finally started to gain muscle and see real definition in my body. I’m getting to my “Jillian” goal! Here are some tips that have helped me get this far:
1. Up your protein intake. You can do this by just increasing your diet by incorporating more protien rich foods like: fish, lean meat, chicken, and whole wheat pastas or you take supplements or drinks. I like whey protein shakes with nonfat milk. They’re heavy so I like to drink a cup of nonfat milk w. 2 scoops of whey an hour before I workout (if I workout hardcore I drink another one after). I have also developed a love for wheat germ! You can find it in most grocery stores and it can be sprinkled on anything (you can also try Flax Seed!).
2. Increase your water consumption. Water helps keep you hydrated and your skin looking gorgeous! Plus, we’re like 80% water. We need it! If you just don’t like water, try some (low sugar) sports drinks. Make sure you read the label, some are misleading. Check the sugar content! I prefer Propel, Vitamin Water, and Gatorade (G2).
3. Stay Motivated. I stay motivated by really taking time and appreciating how much better I feel after I eat cleanly or workout. I also spend some time through out the week educating myself on health/fitness. For instance, I’ll browse the magazine rack for: Women’s Fitness, Runners, and any thing on the web about nutrition, food, and fitness. Knowledge really is power. Educate yourself about your body.
4. Get a Partner! We all know it can get tough trying to make changes on your own. Finding a buddy is so motivating and really helpful! It helps you share a similar goal!
5. Set Goals! I set goals for myself that way I have a reason to workout. For instance, me and my dad have started running 5ks. My first goal was to just get him to run; he is runnindgdaily now and loves it. We just completed our 2nd 5k this past weekend! My goal was to shave a whole minute off of my time! I did, so now my goal is too run 3.2 miles in 27:38 without feeling near death towards the end. With goals, we have something to strive for! What’s your goals? Take small steps first. Don’t set yourself up for failure by planning huge leaps!